College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA Spring 2014
Bachelor of Arts in English, Minor in Creative Writing
Dean’s List Recipient; Cum Laude Society Inductee
Assistant Editor & Advertising Director The Piedmont Virginian, Warrenton, VA
February 2015 – Present
- Edited submissions for grammar, clarity, factuality, and style under strict deadlines.
- Wrote and ghostwrote feature pieces, ranging in length and content, with special focus on arts, small businesses, and home design.
- Contributed blog content, proofread drafts, and optimized posts for search engine visibility (SEO).
- Directed native advertising program, copywrote ad campaigns, and managed client relations.
Copywriter The PRD Group, Chantilly, VA
June 2014 – February 2015
- Researched primary and secondary sources on Dwight Eisenhower to contribute to a team that developed a renovation masterplan for the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum.
- Authored narratives that recast Dwight Eisenhower’s legacy to attract and engage millennial audiences.
- Designed multimedia presentations that interwove visual and narrative components to showcase the legacy of Dwight Eisenhower.
- Organized research and archives in an Excel matrix to streamline the redevelopment process.
Research Assistant, Writer, and Web Designer Middle Passage Project
- Researched transatlantic slave narratives and published findings through social media platforms.
- Generated attention-grabbing leads based on research into the transatlantic slave trade.
- Redesigned the project’s website to capture a larger audience by implementing SEO techniques.
ACTIVITIES & ORGANIZATIONS
Contributing Editor, The Gallery, William and Mary
- Edited William and Mary’s longest running literary publication (f. 1979) by proof-reading and evaluating the quality of several hundred submissions.
- Adhered to rigorous and demanding deadlines throughout the editing, formatting, printing, and distribution phases of the publication.
Judiciary Chair, Inter-fraternal Council, William & Mary
- Rewrote and revised Greek Organizations’ by-laws in order to increase specificity and applicability.
- Spearheaded a motion to increase self-reliance and prevent hazing.
Event Organizer, Student Alumni Council, William & Mary
- Publicized and organized on-campus events to connect current students and alumni while advocating for the interests of both.
- Organized fundraising events and programs that garnered donations from 70% of the senior class, the highest percentage to date.
- Self-motivated young writer published in newspapers, journals, and online. Well-versed AP style.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and OSX, as well as social media and blogging platforms.
- Finalist for Academy of American Poets Prize (2013).
Pam Kamphuis, Executive Editor, Piedmont Virginian, 540.349.2951
Dan Murphy, Principal, PRD Group, 703.955.4101